Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Unoccupied properties

How to claim empty property relief and tell us you've moved out.

Tell us you've moved out

If you've left a business premise, but still own or rent it, you'll need to let us know. We will then tell you if you are entitled to empty property relief.

Contact us on 0345 605 3010 to report the details.

How to claim empty property relief

Business rates are not payable in the first three months that a property is empty, this is extended to six months in the case of certain industrial properties.

After this time you will need to pay business rates in full unless the rateable value is less than £2899 or an exemption applies. We will write to you and send out a bill once the relief has ended.

Other discounts

Read more about discounts and exemptions.