Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Apply to become an Appointee

You can apply for the right to deal with the benefit of someone who can't manage their own affairs because they are sick, disabled or elderly.

An appointee can be a friend or relative or an organisation or representative of an organisation, eg a solicitor or local council.

When you agree to act as an appointee, you must take full responsibility for this person's claim for Housing benefit or Council Tax reduction. This means you must make any new claims and tell us about any change in the person's circumstances.