Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Who to contact

There are lots of organisations that can help you understand Universal Credit, help you make a claim, and offer advice and support if you're finding it hard to manage.

Universal Credit (UC) support: (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm)

  • Full Service UC claims advice - 0800 328 5644
  • Live Service UC claims advice - 0800 328 9344
  • Apply for an advance payment of Universal Credit - 0800 328 5644
  • Request for housing costs payments to go direct to your landlord - 0800 328 5644

Claiming other benefits:

Apply for contributions based ESA (Employment Support Allowance) - 0800 328 5644

Applying for contributions based JSA (Job Seeker's Allowance (JSA):

  • In a Full service area - apply online
  • In a Live service area - 0800 328 9344

Our Customer Contact Centre can:

  • Advise you on when Universal Credit may affect you
  • Help you get ready to claim Universal Credit (what you will need)
  • Help you claim for Universal Credit when the time comes
  • Refer you for personal budgeting help and advice
  • Advise and take your claim for Council Tax Support and Discretionary Housing Payments
  • Let you use a computer PC to make your Universal Credit claim
  • Provide personal budgeting support to Universal Credit claimants - Call us on 01298 28400 to make an appointment.

Contact Us