Homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
We can provide you with advice on housing options and things that can be done to prevent you losing your home or assist you in finding alternative accommodation. You may be able to move in a planned way without actually becoming homeless.
We are required to offer advice and assistance to you if you are homeless or at risk of homelessness. However, we do not have a duty to provide accommodation to everyone who is homeless. This will depend on your circumstances.
We will need to decide if you are:
- eligible to apply for assistance
- actually homeless, or threatened with homelessness within 28 days
- in 'priority need'
- homeless or threatened with homelessness intentionally
- have a local connection to Staffordshire Moorlands
Please Note: Everyone will be given help and advice even if we don't have to re-house them.
If you are worried about becoming homeless, please contact our homeless team to discuss your situation.
If you are homeless due to an emergency situation outside of office hours or at the weekend, please telephone Call Derbyshire on 01629 532600.
The Housing Options team provide advice and assistance on a daily basis to those in any kind of housing need.
For help and advice with your housing options, including:
- Social housing accommodation
- Privately rented accommodation
- Help with rent deposits
- Single Persons Housing Project
- Shared ownership
- Sheltered accommodation for older people
- Tenant and landlord rights and responsibilities