Bins are emptied on an alternate week cycle. Your grey bin, brown bin and clear bags are emptied one week and your blue lidded bin the following week.
In December each year we deliver a calendar to every house. It will show the collections for your address.
Help us to empty your bins
Out by 7am - In by 7pm.
It is against the law to leave your bins on the pavement after they have been emptied.
Bins will be removed and you may receive a £60 fine.
- Check your calendar to find out which bin should be put out
- Make sure your bins can be seen at the boundary where your property meets the pavement
- Make sure your bin lids are fully closed
- Don't leave any extra bags of rubbish next to your bins
- We don't empty bins containing incorrect materials
- Don't overfill your bins - if you or we cannot move it the vehicle will be unable to lift it
- Don't report a missed bin until after 4pm on collection day
- Report a missed bin in 2 working days or we won't be able to come back until the next collection
- Houses not suited to bins can have different containers
- If you have difficulty putting your bins out we offer an assisted collection service
- If bad weather makes it difficult or dangerous for collections our daily collection report will keep you up to date
- If you operate a business from your home e.g. B&B you must have separate collections for business waste and recycling