Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Benefit change of circumstances

Our benefits Change of Circumstance for is currently undergoing essential maintenance. The form displayed on our website is a temporary form - if we need additional information one of our benefits team will be in touch. Please allow 21 days for a response.

When claiming benefits from Staffordshire Moorlands District Council, it's important that you tell us straight away if your circumstances change.

Some changes made to your benefit claim may result in a move from Housing Benefit to Universal Credit. 

If you claim Housing Benefit and are moving within Staffordshire Moorlands (not in to or out of the area) please continue to complete our change of circumstances form online.

If you need to make a change to your Universal Credit claim you will need to inform the Department for Work and Pensions straight away. 

What you need to tell us

  • changes to income, wages or savings
  • starting or leaving work
  • changes in  working hours
  • moving home
  • someone else moves into or out of your home
  • birth of a child
  • your children leaving school or starting work
  • anything else that you think might affect your claim

Reporting a change

To report a change online, you will need to create or log in to a Staffordshire Moorlands online account. If you don't have one already, click the button below and register. If you already have an account with us you can also log in here.

PLEASE NOTE - You will need an e-mail address to set up an account. We will contact you electronically if we need further information and to let you know if there have been changes to your entitlement.

Once you're registered

  • go to 'Submit a request' and select the 'Benefits - Change in circumstances' form
  • it should take 5-10 minutes to complete
  • you can upload scanned / saved evidence of your address, income and other benefits or do this later

Tracking the progress of your claim

When you have submitted your application through your online account, you will be able to track it from start to finish. We will contact you (usually via email), if we need any further information, and to let you know the progress of your change. We aim to process changes within 10 working days.

Providing Evidence

When submitting a change of circumstance form you may need to provide evidence to support the changes.

The fastest and most effective way to add evidence is to upload it to the form. You can add it at the time of completing the form OR save the form and return to it to add the evidence needed before submitting. If you save the form make sure you take note of your reference number so you can return to the saved version.

View our guidance on getting and adding evidence to support your application. [2MB]

Cancelling a claim

If you no longer need to claim benefit, let us know.