Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Find a home

Find a home with Home Options or a local housing association.

Important Information for Moorlands Homechoice applicants

Staffordshire Moorlands District Council and Your Housing Group have joined the Home-Options Partnership. The Council and Your Housing Group have introduced a new allocation policy and choice based lettings system, so existing Moorlands Homechoice applicants who still require social housing will need to register a new application with Home-Options

Moorlands Homechoice applicants are encouraged to re-register as soon as possible to ensure that your new application is assessed before homes in the Staffordshire Moorlands start being advertised on the Home-Options website from 10 April 2017.

Until 10 April, the current Moorlands Homechoice system will still be advertising any available properties that we have. We will contact you if we are able to make you an offer of accommodation.

For answers to the most frequently asked questions please visit the Home Options Website.

Are there other housing options available to me?

There are a number of different housing options available, depending upon your circumstances.

Mutual Exchange

If you are already a social housing tenant, you may be able to advertise your home for a mutual exchange.

Visit the Exchange Locata  website for more information and to advertise your property (your landlord may also subscribe to other mutual exchange schemes - ask them for details)

Housing associations

You can apply directly to different housing associations (listed below) but don't forget that half of the housing association properties are also included on the  website.

Other options available -

Housing Advice

The  Housing Options team provide advice and assistance on a daily basis to those in any kind of housing need.

For help and advice with your housing options, including:

  • Social housing accommodation
  • Privately rented accommodation
  • Help with rent deposits
  • Homelessness
  • Single Persons Housing Project
  • Shared ownership
  • Sheltered accommodation for older people
  • Tenant and landlord rights and responsibilities